I spent a whole Sunday making a pumpkin pie from scratch. It was pretty amazing. Very time consuming, but amazing none the less. So incredibly different compared to the orange stuff that comes out of a can. Here's the link to the
recipe I used. I've been trying to cut down on my sugar intake so I personally like that it wasn't sweet. The texture was really velvety and wonderful. Definitely worth a try. I made it dairy free. I added in condensed coconut milk and Smart Balance instead of the milk and butter that the recipe called for. I also subbed maple syrup instead of molasses. Turned out delish.

First, massacre your poor little pumpkin & equip yourself with your cutest apron.
Bonus idea- save the pumpkin seeds, toss with olive oil & cinnamon then toast while you're roasting your pumpkin for 45 mins. Toss them around with a fork half way though so they don't burn.
Next, start your pie crust and bake with pie weights and all that jazz.
Then work on your filling once you've scooped all the pumpkin out of it's skin.
Bake that bad boy.
Enjoy.
No comments:
Post a Comment