Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Better than Basic.



Autumn is here. Finally. Yes, I know winter will follow- but that doesn't mean we can't enjoy all the great things fall has to offer. Pumpkins, hot cider, chunky sweaters, boots! Perhaps another time I try to make it through the haunted forest. It's just too scary.

So here is another round of.... 5 things I am obsessed with {fall edition}

1. Bulletproof Coffee. Love the podcast as much as the coffee. Check out a ton of great biohacking tricks to help you perform your best on Bulletproof Radio. I'm a bit late to hop on the butter in your coffee bandwagon, but I'm equally obsessed none the less. Plus, I've always been a fan of coconut oil and putting it in your coffee gives you a great morning boost to get your brain working and giving you sustainable energy for hours. Try Bulletproof Coffee at Whole Foods labeled under Mammoth Coffee at the coffee bar.

Butter in my coffee, isn't that going to make me fat?!? 

No. The best thing I've learned all summer- fat doesn't make you fat, sugar makes you fat. Check out the movie Fed Up on Netflix. Life changing.

So as much as you love those Pumpkin Spice Lattes, give it up girl. Pure diabetes in a cup. A single cup has upwards of 50 grams of sugar. 50 GRAMS! FOGEDDABOUTIT.

Try this recipe instead, straight from the Bulletproof website.

2. Running.  Need I say more. The crisp air, leaves changing colors, cool temperatures. All reasons I love to be outside taking long runs in the fall. I'm running my first Army 10 miler this Sunday in DC. I've loved training for it and I'm so excited to kick some booty this Sunday. Also, cooler air means cooler workout outfits. Hey, Lululemon, Hey.


3. Fall Brides. I can't wait to share pictures of all the beautiful brides I worked with this fall! There's a reason fall is the new spring for weddings. Here is an adorable picture from my friend Kylie's wedding who I had the privilege of doing hair for her & her bridesmaids. Photograph by Tara Katherine Photography.




























4. Braids. Your summer fishtail braid is ready for an upgrade. Try pairing your new fall wardrobe with a classic french braid. A french braid, flannel, and Hunter boots- nothing easier, nothing better.

5. Yolandi Visser (Die Antwoord).  She's a complete badass. Search for some music videos. Instant dance party wherever you are. She's giving me major Halloween costume inspiration.





Peace, 

Anna 









No comments:

Post a Comment